Environmental Education Resource Guide
Good environmental education goes beyond learning facts about nature to understanding how to solve practical environmental problems. Clearly environmental themes must be integrated throughout all Natural Innovation program areas. “Real world, hands-on” learning is a major philosophy of Minnesota’s graduation standards. However, the resources to get students to sites or train educators to develop or provide quality programs are severely lacking. And, while our area enjoyes a strong influx of tourists in the summer due to our lakes and natural spaces, we are by contrast one of the poorest counties in the state.
- Increase education regarding responsible environmental choices.
- Increase access to EE information and resources.
- Enhance partnerships, coordination and support training across diverse sectors.
- Focus on out-of-classroom EE programs for preK-12 youth.
- Designate funding for EE at the local level. - Show quoted text -